A scarf…? As a top? Bet ya didn’t see that one coming! But honest to god, I do it all the time! During the summer silk scarves can make for chic and yet versatile tops. Hear me now, take 1 or 2 on your next vacay and you’ve got at least 5 days worth of tops (that are also accessories) you can work with. I get so many compliments and comments like “how did you do that?” every time I wear my scarf out so it was about damn time I share the wealth with my girls. Fashion is supposed to be FUN, especially in Los Angeles, and it doesn’t get more inventive and versatile than a scarf top. SO. before we dive in this is what you need to know ahead of time:
- you will need a specific size scarf – duh, a neck scarf ain’t gonna cut it on this one hunny. You’ll need a scarf that is ideally 42 x 42 inches to make sure it covers up all the necessary bits.
- the best scarves I’ve found to create these looks with are by a brand called Johnny Was – they make TONS of these scarves in gorgeous colors and patterns, you can go wild with these. I have two of my own at the moment but would happily add to the collection.
- Depending on how you tie it and what the colors/patterns are, it can look like a completely different top every single time
- the link to THIS specific scarf is right HERE – and it’s $98
- These “tops” go best with super high waisted trousers/jeans, and or high waisted shorts/skirts. Without a doubt that is a crucial styling component.
- Look 3&5 you might want to try with a strapless bra or a bathing suit with underwire so you can “tuck” some of the pieces!
- Look 1,2,4 you can choose to try braless or with a minimal lace bra!
OK let’s get to the video!!!
What’s your favorite look you think you’d recreate? Share in the comments!