- ONE WOMAN ON A MISSION TO DISCOVER & EXPERIENCE ALL THINGS LOS ANGELES
Filed In: Trending : LA Shopping
Gift shopping is difficult enough, why not add the whole stress of finding meaningful, useful, affordable, thoughtful stocking stuffers into the mix? I know. Shopping for these tiny treasures can be a bit tricky outside of the checkout line at Sephora or the holiday candy available at your local grocery store. But let me remind you – you’re better than that. Here are 12 of my favorite little unique treats from a few of my favorite LA local crafters/boutiques/brands – all under $25 a pop – that are sure to please and delight!
Move Loot is an SF based company in the business of helping the good people of SF, North Carolina, Georgia, and most recently LA literally move – as in buy/sell – ‘loot’. Forget Craigslist, forget about Facebook marketplace (is that even still a thing?) and forget dumping your stuff on the sidewalk outside your apartment (all of Los Angeles I’m lookin’ at you), Move Loot has officially changed the game in terms of buying and selling used furniture. Move Loot has JUST launched in Los Angeles and it’s time we got familiar with the company here to save our LA-renter lives with their simple, pleasant, and pain free approach to dealing with used furniture. Here’s what you need to know:
KEEP meets Polyvore meets Pinterest meets Cher’s outfit-making program from Clueless, fashion addict app Cult Collection is all of those AND a pair of Jimmy Choo’s. The super fun, super easy to use app works solely based on your unique style and taste you establish via selection of a few of your favorite celebrity fashion icons, some of the name brands you shop, popular hashtags, current trends and so forth to build your very own, very tidy, supreme closet for a master fashionista.
All items featured are made/designed/crafted/(or) located in Los Angeles and can be purchased online for $25 or less. PLUS… A handful of these products are made by crafters who are participants at this weekends Unique USA’s LA Holiday Market (December 6 + 7) – so if you’re in LA get your tickets so you can shop these goodies and more in person!
1. Art of Tea Holiday Sampler (White Winter Chai, Dark Chocolate Peppermint, Butterscotch & Pumpkin Pie) | $25 | *Use our discount code ‘LNL20’ for 20% off your purchase! – good through 12/31
2. Compartes “Donuts & Coffee” Chocolate | $9.95
3. Concrete Geometric “Mini Octahedron” | $15 (or 3 for $30) *Unique USA
4. m. greenwood Jam “Apple Butter” (+ many more jams) | $9 *Unique USA
5. Pocket Square Clothing Tie Bar | $15 *Unique USA
6. Suburban Riot “Polka Dots Navy Red” Socks | $12 *Unique USA
8. Candlessentials “Pure” | $22
9. ColourPop “Lippie To Go” Holiday Set (top 5 sellers) | $20
10. McFaddy Candy Co. Handmade Toffee | $16 small / $22 medium ($30 mix & match flavors – 4 oz jars) *Unique USA
11. Groundworks Coffee (Limited Edition Holiday Blend & More) | $17.95
12. Granola Mama’s Handmade “Granola Gift Pack” (12 oz bags of best sellers: Hanalei Blend, Paris Blend, Holiday Blend) | $24 *Unique USA
‘Small Business Saturday’ is tomorrow, and I’ve got you prepared to shop for everyone on your list – yourself included. All of the products and items featured are either designed/made/or sold locally in Los Angeles. So there’s that. Happy Shopping!
1. Panel Co ‘Titanium’ Wallet | The best money clip / wallet ever. They come in different metals as well! | $80
2. Barkeeper Cocktail Gift Basket | All Gift Boxes come in a vintage-style shaped hat box and include spirits, bitters, tools, recipes, and glassware. | several options, all between $75-$1503910 W. Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake, CA 90029 | Phone 323-669-1675
3. Belcampo Sausage Medley | Jalapeño-Cheese, Bratwurst, Hot Italian, Sweet Italian, Breakfast, Merguez and Polish.| Buy in store or online! | $90Grand Central Market, 317 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
4. Apolis ‘Standard Issue Organic Pocket T-Shirt’ (Charcoal) | Free shipping on orders over $50 through November 30 | $48
1. Haati Chai ‘Himana’ Neckpiece | Use code ‘BLACKFRIDAY’ to get 45% off your purchase through November 30!! | $73 regular price
2. Anarchy Street ‘In the Raw’ Bracelet | TODAY use code “THANKFUL40′ and get 40% your order! | $36 regular price
3. Gypsy05 ‘Obertka Double Ombre’ Scarf | 40% off deals on Cyber Monday PLUS an extra 35% off with code ‘cybermonday35’! | $65
4. Frends ‘Ella’ Rose Gold & White Headphones | on sale for $49.95
5. Clare V. Foldover Clutch Black/Creme | In store and online! $220Silverlake: 3339 West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90026 Santa Monica: 1318A Montana Avenue Santa Monica, CA 90403
1. Kelly Lamb ‘Angle’ Vase | $95
2. Apolis ‘Los Angeles Market Bag’ | $68
3. Casetify ‘Los Angeles toile de jouy transparent’ phone case | TODAY use code ‘BLACK2014’ for 20% off + free shipping! | $39.95
4. Huckleberry Cookbook | In store and online! | $25-$30Santa Monica: 1014 Wilshire Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90401
SHOP LOCAL SATURDAY: 10 Shops In LA To Stop In This Weekend
1. Poketo | DTLA: 820 E 3rd St Los Angeles, CA 90013
2. Chevalier’s Books | Larchmont: 126 N Larchmont Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90004
3. Shareen Downtown | DTLA: 1721 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
4. Mohawk General Store | Silverlake: 4011 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029
5. The Well | DTLA: 1006 S Olive St Los Angeles, CA 90015
6. Accents Jewelry | Santa Monica: 2900 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405
7. Botany | Brentwood Country Mart: 225 26th St #41, Santa Monica, CA 90402
8. Lost & Found | HOLLYWOOD 6320 Yucca Street Los Angeles, CA 90028 | SANTA MONICA 2230 Main Street Santa Monica, CA 90405
9. Alchemy Works | DTLA: 826 E 3rd St Los Angeles, CA 90013
10. Aust. | Venice: 1617 Abott Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
“I’ll take one of everything – in other words, the entire store” were my first thoughts upon walking into Beverly Grove vintage design store, Style de Vie. I had barely walked 3 steps into the cozy showroom and I’d already decided I was not to be fooled by the deceivingly large space and its delicate clutter of vintage finds; it would decidedly be an incredible task to find something I didn’t want to take home with me. This particular LA based vintage design and fabrication house has items and elements you thought you could only find in shabby shape at the flea market, at an auction, or brand new and knocked off from mega mainstream design stores – Style de Vie is everything us vintage decor nerds hoped and dream would exist, right here in the City of Angels.
Screw Third Street Promenade and online shopping, all of the labels and trends we’ve ever hoped and dreamed to shop are available right by the beach in one fabulously free spirited spot. Principessa boutique is one of Venice’s Original (boutique) Gangsters and since their grand opening in 2001, this bohemian chic storefront has since then remained one of Abbot Kinney’s shopping staples. Always carrying the hottest brands and catering to the latest “Abbot Kinney culture” trends, Principessa is the California/LA girl’s dream come true. The Principessa girl is described as a treasure hunter, a risk taker, and a lover of luxury; you may be all, one, or none of those things but if you, like me, appreciate individual expression through dressing in a distinctive style, Principessa is your shop.
I’m beyond thrilled to share my feature on the BLND PR blog, CLICK HERE to read the interview!
I’ve been looking for something like what Panel Wallet makes, for what seems like forever. When I don’t feel like carrying around a purse or my unnecessarily large wallet around, I’ve always been desperate for something small enough to fit it my pocket or in my clutch all the while successfully holding my shit together in one convenient place. Coin purses are too big and bulky (plus they’re coin purses…), going without any clasp-age is risky, so this is where Panel Wallets enters the picture and saves the day – they were created to solve all of these problems and then some. Founder and creator Ben Lang wanted to create an ultra sleek yet attractive and functional wallet for guys and girls alike and I must declare: mission accomplished.
Panel is the thinnest wallet EVER!
The idea of Panel was conceived based on the needs of a single person, but a quick search proved that it solved many problems that other wallets don’t.
Learning that we weren’t the only ones searching for a better solution led us to create a product that we’re confident you’ll enjoy, just as much as we’ve enjoyed the process of developing it.
We like to beautify here in Los Angeles, so much so in fact, we’ve actually got an entire convention dedicated to our beauty obsession coming to town this weekend where we will talk about, try, and buy all the beauty world possibilities – for an entire day. It feels like every year I live in LA I add on another beauty treatment to my already very cluttered very expensive regimen, but sadly living here it all feels like the norm. It had me contemplating, Los Angeles has a lot to offer in the beauty and pampering area, what are our greatest gems to aid in boosting self-confidence by way of makeup, hair, and everything else in between? Being an Angeleno, far too deep into this shit for my own good, here’s a few beautification spots in Los Angeles I can’t seem to live without. Warning, once you pop the fun don’t stop!
1. Get Some Lash Extensions | Beautifully Mad
Madison of Beautifully Mad is LA’s lash whisperer, and she’s here for you and any of your lash and face related needs. The most necessary unnecessary thing you’ll ever add to your own beauty regimen, but trust me it will probably become your favorite. (guilty)