- ONE WOMAN ON A MISSION TO DISCOVER & EXPERIENCE ALL THINGS LOS ANGELES
Filed In: Trending : LA Shopping
“I LOVE LA IN THE SPRINGTIIIIME”, sing it with me now! Totally not how the song goes but still totally works. I swear though, at the first signs of Spring something comes over me and I have this urge to put all the colors on, all at once. It doesn’t last forever, but it happens nonetheless – clearly. This season though I am really into yellow/marigold/gold tones; to me it just screams “sunshine” and it has been a color I’ve been really drawn to lately. Whether that be bathing suits, tops, or in this case dresses, I’m loving me some mellow yellow.
If there is one Fall/Winter season staple I haven’t seen fall out of fashion within the past 5+ years, it’s the beloved “camel coat”. And I swear I’ve been searching for the perfect damn camel coat for about 5 years now. It has to be the right color, the right length, has to have the right lapel, the right shape, the right amount of buttons – whew! I have never felt more like Goldie Locks over something so ridiculous in my whole life! So alas, instead of finding the absolute perfect camel colored coat – which to my very disappointing discovery usually costs around $1k+ – I’ve started collecting more affordable “almost perfect camel colored coats” instead.
I have had so many girlfriends run into the same issue with finding the right camel coat, so I did some digging and found 6 really great camel colored coats that are perfect for this season, and all happen to be under $200. Well, except for one because it’s just too good to leave out! Between light weight / heavy weight / light colored / darker colored / shorter / longer options, I am sure we can find you your “almost perfect camel coat” too!
Instead of giving your friend/Mother/lover another Starbucks gift card this year, remind them what a sweet and thoughtful human you are by giving them one of these fine gifts. All of which are made/sold/developed or have something at least to do with our wonderful city: The City of Angels. See what I did there – Angels//Christmas//get it. Happiest of happy Holidays friends may your shopping experience be merry, berry, and bright!
1. Runa Klock (available at Poketo) – “Drink Rocks Set” – $38
2. Gelina – Restaurant Cookbook –
3. Apolis – “Arts District Market Bag” – $68
4. Fort Standard (available at General Store) – “Hexagon Marble Trivet” – $96
5. Kelly Lamb – “Mischief Candle” – $80
6. Urbanic – “Copper Soy Candle” – $40
1. Clare V. – “Black Newlook Toiletry Case” – $165
2. Buck Mason – “White Sand Venice Wash Slub” – $32
3. Tanner (available at Stag Provisions) – “Standard Belt – Mahogany” – $105
4. Commodity Goods – “Whiskey 100ml Eau de Parfum” – $99
5. Izola (available at Stag Provisions) – “To My Health Flask” – $24
6. The Cocktail Lab – “Ultimate Moscow Mule Basket” – $118
1. Poketo – “Marble iPhone Case” – $45 (each)
2. Commodity Goods – “Gold 100ml Eau de Parfum” – $99
3. Katie Dean – “Solid Rose Gold Bar Stud Earrings” – $210
4. Aark (available at Poketo) – “Real Marble Watch In Carrara White” – $189
5. La Vie Boheme – “Mandala Yoga Mat” – $86
6. Clare V. “Cuoio Vachetta Navy Splash Dots Flat Clutch” – $215
Gift shopping is difficult enough, why not add the whole stress of finding meaningful, useful, affordable, thoughtful stocking stuffers into the mix? I know. Shopping for these tiny treasures can be a bit tricky outside of the checkout line at Sephora or the holiday candy available at your local grocery store. But let me remind you – you’re better than that. Here are 12 of my favorite little unique treats from a few of my favorite LA local crafters/boutiques/brands – all under $25 a pop – that are sure to please and delight!
Move Loot is an SF based company in the business of helping the good people of SF, North Carolina, Georgia, and most recently LA literally move – as in buy/sell – ‘loot’. Forget Craigslist, forget about Facebook marketplace (is that even still a thing?) and forget dumping your stuff on the sidewalk outside your apartment (all of Los Angeles I’m lookin’ at you), Move Loot has officially changed the game in terms of buying and selling used furniture. Move Loot has JUST launched in Los Angeles and it’s time we got familiar with the company here to save our LA-renter lives with their simple, pleasant, and pain free approach to dealing with used furniture. Here’s what you need to know:
KEEP meets Polyvore meets Pinterest meets Cher’s outfit-making program from Clueless, fashion addict app Cult Collection is all of those AND a pair of Jimmy Choo’s. The super fun, super easy to use app works solely based on your unique style and taste you establish via selection of a few of your favorite celebrity fashion icons, some of the name brands you shop, popular hashtags, current trends and so forth to build your very own, very tidy, supreme closet for a master fashionista.
All items featured are made/designed/crafted/(or) located in Los Angeles and can be purchased online for $25 or less. PLUS… A handful of these products are made by crafters who are participants at this weekends Unique USA’s LA Holiday Market (December 6 + 7) – so if you’re in LA get your tickets so you can shop these goodies and more in person!
1. Art of Tea Holiday Sampler (White Winter Chai, Dark Chocolate Peppermint, Butterscotch & Pumpkin Pie) | $25 | *Use our discount code ‘LNL20’ for 20% off your purchase! – good through 12/31
2. Compartes “Donuts & Coffee” Chocolate | $9.95
3. Concrete Geometric “Mini Octahedron” | $15 (or 3 for $30) *Unique USA
4. m. greenwood Jam “Apple Butter” (+ many more jams) | $9 *Unique USA
5. Pocket Square Clothing Tie Bar | $15 *Unique USA
6. Suburban Riot “Polka Dots Navy Red” Socks | $12 *Unique USA
8. Candlessentials “Pure” | $22
9. ColourPop “Lippie To Go” Holiday Set (top 5 sellers) | $20
10. McFaddy Candy Co. Handmade Toffee | $16 small / $22 medium ($30 mix & match flavors – 4 oz jars) *Unique USA
11. Groundworks Coffee (Limited Edition Holiday Blend & More) | $17.95
12. Granola Mama’s Handmade “Granola Gift Pack” (12 oz bags of best sellers: Hanalei Blend, Paris Blend, Holiday Blend) | $24 *Unique USA
‘Small Business Saturday’ is tomorrow, and I’ve got you prepared to shop for everyone on your list – yourself included. All of the products and items featured are either designed/made/or sold locally in Los Angeles. So there’s that. Happy Shopping!
1. Panel Co ‘Titanium’ Wallet | The best money clip / wallet ever. They come in different metals as well! | $80
2. Barkeeper Cocktail Gift Basket | All Gift Boxes come in a vintage-style shaped hat box and include spirits, bitters, tools, recipes, and glassware. | several options, all between $75-$1503910 W. Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake, CA 90029 | Phone 323-669-1675
3. Belcampo Sausage Medley | Jalapeño-Cheese, Bratwurst, Hot Italian, Sweet Italian, Breakfast, Merguez and Polish.| Buy in store or online! | $90Grand Central Market, 317 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
4. Apolis ‘Standard Issue Organic Pocket T-Shirt’ (Charcoal) | Free shipping on orders over $50 through November 30 | $48
1. Haati Chai ‘Himana’ Neckpiece | Use code ‘BLACKFRIDAY’ to get 45% off your purchase through November 30!! | $73 regular price
2. Anarchy Street ‘In the Raw’ Bracelet | TODAY use code “THANKFUL40′ and get 40% your order! | $36 regular price
3. Gypsy05 ‘Obertka Double Ombre’ Scarf | 40% off deals on Cyber Monday PLUS an extra 35% off with code ‘cybermonday35’! | $65
4. Frends ‘Ella’ Rose Gold & White Headphones | on sale for $49.95
5. Clare V. Foldover Clutch Black/Creme | In store and online! $220Silverlake: 3339 West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90026 Santa Monica: 1318A Montana Avenue Santa Monica, CA 90403
1. Kelly Lamb ‘Angle’ Vase | $95
2. Apolis ‘Los Angeles Market Bag’ | $68
3. Casetify ‘Los Angeles toile de jouy transparent’ phone case | TODAY use code ‘BLACK2014’ for 20% off + free shipping! | $39.95
4. Huckleberry Cookbook | In store and online! | $25-$30Santa Monica: 1014 Wilshire Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90401
SHOP LOCAL SATURDAY: 10 Shops In LA To Stop In This Weekend
1. Poketo | DTLA: 820 E 3rd St Los Angeles, CA 90013
2. Chevalier’s Books | Larchmont: 126 N Larchmont Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90004
3. Shareen Downtown | DTLA: 1721 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
4. Mohawk General Store | Silverlake: 4011 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029
5. The Well | DTLA: 1006 S Olive St Los Angeles, CA 90015
6. Accents Jewelry | Santa Monica: 2900 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405
7. Botany | Brentwood Country Mart: 225 26th St #41, Santa Monica, CA 90402
8. Lost & Found | HOLLYWOOD 6320 Yucca Street Los Angeles, CA 90028 | SANTA MONICA 2230 Main Street Santa Monica, CA 90405
9. Alchemy Works | DTLA: 826 E 3rd St Los Angeles, CA 90013
10. Aust. | Venice: 1617 Abott Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
“I’ll take one of everything – in other words, the entire store” were my first thoughts upon walking into Beverly Grove vintage design store, Style de Vie. I had barely walked 3 steps into the cozy showroom and I’d already decided I was not to be fooled by the deceivingly large space and its delicate clutter of vintage finds; it would decidedly be an incredible task to find something I didn’t want to take home with me. This particular LA based vintage design and fabrication house has items and elements you thought you could only find in shabby shape at the flea market, at an auction, or brand new and knocked off from mega mainstream design stores – Style de Vie is everything us vintage decor nerds hoped and dream would exist, right here in the City of Angels.