ATTENTION: SMORGASBURG LA HAS LANDED. Maybe you know what that means, maybe you’re like “what’s Smorgasbord…”, regardless you’re gonna have to trust me on this one, you’ll want in on it this Summer. Here’s the rundown that has been strategically bullet pointed for optimal intake. Allow me to introduce you to your new way to #SundayFunday in LA this Summer:
- To start: Smorgasburg LA is an offshoot of a very popular weekly food + shopping market concept developed in Williamsburg Brooklyn: Smorgasburg/Williamsburg – get it?
- Smorgasburg LA launched just this past Sunday June 19th and will be open 10 am – 6 pm every Sunday from here on out. The market will offer everything from food, design items, vintage items, and more from around 50 local LA vendors.
- “Cultural events, pop-ups, and other surprise experiences will also be part of the market mix, transforming the vast site into a new node in Downtown LA’s burgeoning scene, and a unique destination for the region.” – Smorgasburg (oo?)
- The market space sits on 5-acres and is located where the weekday Alameda Produce Market in Downtown Los Angeles is held. (located between Alameda Street and Bay Street, downtown Los Angeles)
- A new parking garage that was made to fit 4,000 cars was recently built for market-goers; it’s free to park there for up to two hours!
- Sorry, no dog friends allowed. (womp womp)
- Come hungry because there are so many great food vendors to try! My recommendation: bring a lot of friends and divide and conquer.
- You must try: the acai bowl at Amaze Bowls / lobster roll at Red Hook Lobster Pound / pad thai from White Guy Pad Thai / pastrami from Ugly Drum / popsicle from Paloma’s Paletas
- LA fav’s who have pop-ups at the Smorg: Pizzanista!, Guerrilla Tacos, Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese, Donut Friend, Ramen Burger, and so many more.
- There will be booze: Angel City will be served out of the Michemobile.
- Vintage clothing lovers: there are a few pop-ups perfect for your perusal.
- If you’re looking for a fun spot to search for unique gifts, this would be the place to shop! Succulents, jewelry, poster prints, furniture, snacks – you name it, they probably got it.
- Try the frenzied over Raindrop Cake and tell me how you feel about it.
- Bring out-of-towners! What better way to entertain your friends and guests on a Sunday.
- And last but not least, remember that entry to Smorgasburg LA is F-R-E-E FREE! Food and goods might not be, but the fun is on the house.
SMORGASBURG LA // at the Alameda Produce Market, between Alameda Street and Bay Street, downtown Los Angeles // Every Sunday 10 am – 6 pm